Some apps, tools, and products that I frequently use.
- To-do list: Todoist (for personal tasks), GitLab (at work)
- Password, 2FA manager, autofill: 1Password (used BitWarden before)
- Web Browsers: DuckDuckGo Mac Browser, DuckDuckGo App (Android), Chrome
- Calendar: Google Calendar with Clockwise at Work
- Chrome Browser extensions:
- Music Player: Spotify, YouTube Music
- Books Tracking App: Literal
- Money management: Mint, TurboTax, Yahoo Finance
- Send & Receive Money: Venmo, PayPal
- Phone: Pixel 6a with Google Fi
- Banking: Schwab
- Credit Cards: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited (transfer the points to the Reserve for better value), Amazon Prime Card
- Robot Cleaner: Roborock S7
- Hair Oil: Ancient Greek Remedy Oil
- Supplements: Magnesium Complex, Sports Research Triple Strength Omega 3 Fish Oil, NOW Supplements Vitamin D-3 400, It’s Just! Psyllium Husk Powder
- Hot yoga men’s shorts: Brutal Buddha Athletic Shorts (favorite), YOGA CROW Swerve Men’s Yoga Shorts
- Men styling and clothing subscription box: Stately
- Delete Android’s Advertising ID: I use an Android phone.
- Adjust Google Chrome privacy settings for work related things, for personal I altogether bypass Chrome and use DuckDuckGo app and web browser.
- Adjust Google Account settings
- Enable DuckDuckGo’s beta features (Android) to block app trackers
- Use DuckDuckGo’s Android beta feature to create an email alias that removes email trackers
- Opt out of any ad personalization and tracking you can on other accounts such as Facebook/Instagram or LinkedIn
Transitioning from Chrome to DuckDuckGo browsers
- DuckDuckGo doesn’t save search history. I often used Chrome’s search bar to find things in my recent history — no longer possible. Bookmark more sites to make sure it’s easy to find later (DuckDuckGo does serve options from the bookmark when typing in the search bar).
- Use 1Password for all passwords (work and personal) and browser autofill
- Generate unique passwords for each account
- Enable 2FA on all accounts that support it (I love that 1Password auto-fills 2FA codes as well)
- Keep a safe backup codes storage
Last Updated on February 5, 2023 by Omar Eduardo