2010 was a transformational year for me both personally and professionally. As we wrap it up, here are some lessons I want to keep in mind.
- Treasure friendships. It is friends that give us the strength to continue moving forward when things get difficult.
- If it matters to you, give it your best. No one will ever care for what you could have done or achieved, but rather for what you actually did. Make sure you have no regrets.
- When it is time, simply let go. Recognize when it is time, and don’t try to hold on to something that is no longer good for you.
- Learn from others, but don’t blindly believe everything they say. There are many wise people out there who can give you well-intended advice, but it’s not necessarily the best advice for you. They can only see the world through their own eyes. Learn from their perspective, but don’t get lost in their world.
- Follow your own advice. We often have great advice for our friends but are unable to follow our own advice when we need it the most. Be honest with yourself.
- Keep a healthy body and mind. Your body is the instrument you have to make a difference in this world, make sure it is in good shape to allow you to achieve your dreams. Meditate, eat well, and exercise.
- Be optimistic and keep happiness simple. It’s the only sustainable way to work and achieve your goals while continuing to be happy and healthy.
- Be grateful for what you have. It will allow you to focus on the right things in life.
- Keep your goals in mind. Luck really is when opportunity meets preparation. Make sure you are ready or working towards being ready, for when the opportunity arises.
- Take a real interest in others. You will become a better person, and make the world a better place if you genuinely care for others.
I would like to finish off by sharing some quotes that I would want to read again in the near future.
Don’t take yourself too seriously, no one else does.Regina Brett
Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t – you’re right.Henry Ford
How people treat you is their karma, how you react is yours.Wayne Dyer
It is the simple things done over long periods of time that will give permanent and constant results.T. Harv Eker
I have many goals, but mostly I want to make sure I am on my path to do greater things each day. The specific ways in which I will achieve this remain unknown, but I will let life surprise me with opportunities. I will work on getting myself ready for when the opportunity arises.
Last Updated on August 13, 2020 by Omar Eduardo