I have always found intrigue in the idea of writing posts for this blog, but the reality is that my focus has jumped around from topic to topic, making the site frustrating to follow. The main reason this has been the case is a lack of a topic of which I would like to extensively write about and continue to learn and share things.
I decided to bring some focus to the blog around the topic of Product Management. I think it is a intriguing and interesting topic and I recently started more strongly focusing my career on Product Management, at least for the next few years, and there is a ton for me to learn as someone who does not have a computer science background. I am sure it will be an intriguing ride and I will use this blog to write about my learnings as well as to engage other interested folks in conversation.
To start, I am doing a few things to learn more about product management (in addition of learning from the Product Management team at BloomReach.)
- Reading the book Inspired: How To Create Products Customers Love by Marty Cagan
- Following the Product Management topic at Quora
- Reading a lot of Quora answers by Amazon GM Ian McAllister
- Following Product Managers on Twitter
- Working on small Product Management projects at BloomReach