I hope you’re having a swell time. I probably am.
Since childhood, I’ve been fascinated by technology. I later realized that the magic of technology is best unleashed by brilliance across many fields: science, technology, design, leadership, management, business, government and public policy.
In this blog, I write essays related to these topics. You can’t have clear writing without clear thinking. I write to bring clarity to my mind.
Also, I’m happy when my writing helps others. If you find the content here useful, let me know.
Even better, subscribe to this blog’s mailing list. If you do, you’ll get new articles by email. You get to read new content as it is published, directly from your email.
I’ve put below some of my more popular articles.
General Product Management
- Dealing with ambiguity and work-related stress
- Storytelling is your PM superpower
- Non-technical PMs don’t need to study CS, but must be technically curious to be effective.
- [Quora Answer] How stressful is it to be a product manager at a tech company? (by far my most popular writing to date).
Google: I’m currently a Product Manager there
- Google Product Management Interview process and preparation
- How to prepare for your Google PM interview
- Joining Google
Transitioning into Product Management: from a chemical engineering degree to consulting, then to customer success at a startup, then on to Product Management.
- My transition into Product Management from a ‘non-technical’ background
- How to ramp up as a Product Manager. Gain context before you try to change things.
- Resources when transitioning into Product Management
- How I have transitioned job functions
Startups: I spent 4 years at BloomReach and learned a ton while there
Other: I like to have fun.
- Japanese Customer Service (still popular after 8+ years…)
- How to Control Our Emotions: Observe, rather than react to, your thoughts.