I’m Omar, and this is my blog. I write about product management, productivity, personal finances, and Japan – I spent summer 2009 in Osaka and fell in love with the people and country.
Since very young, I’ve been fascinated by technology. After studying chemical engineering in college, I spent three years in consulting, a year in customer success at a startup, and since 2014 started working as a product manager. I’ve loved the challenge of product management both at a startup, where I was a product manager for three years, and since 2017 at Google.
If you find the content here useful, subscribe to this blog’s mailing list. If you do, it will make me happy and you can read new content directly from your email.
- From consulting, customer success into Product Management
- How I transitioned job functions
- Google PM Interview – full interview process overview
- Google PM interview – how to prepare
- [Quora Answer] How stressful is it to be a product manager at a tech company? (my most popular writing to date)
- How to write a Product Requirements Document (PRD)
- Learning resources for new product managers
- Becoming a Product Manager without a Computer Science degree
- Dealing with ambiguity and work-related stress
- Startups won’t build your career on your behalf – you must
- Why quit consulting to join a startup
Other popular articles
- How to control your emotions: observe, don’t react to, your thoughts
- How to control anger – use your brain to cool down
- Japanese Customer Service (still popular after 8+ years…)
- Apologize & thank profusely – a lesson I’ve learned in Japan